The Gift Of A Helping Hand
Without the dedication, generosity and hard work of volunteers, we could not run the Adoption Centre and we are enormously grateful for the wonderful people who donate their time on a regular basis to help us save lives.
But please remember volunteering is a big commitment. We need motivated, comitted and reliable people to join our team of volunteers on weekdays and weekends to help with the running of the adoption centre. Our volunteers carry out a range of tasks including but not limited to:
- Cleaning Kennels (working with chemicals)
- Exercising and feeding dogs
- Poo Patrol
- General housekeeping e.g. mopping and laundry
- Odd jobs
- Assisting with re-homing of dogs
- General customer service (showing visitors around, answering questions, phone calls, photocopying)
If you are keen to help out there are also some other conditions you must consider before sending in your application form:
- Volunteers must be 18 years or over
- You must be able to commit to a roster
- You must be able to volunteer at least twice a month for a minimum of six months.
- You must complete our training program
- Reference and police checks may be required.
If you would like to join our team please or have any questions email Kelly our Volunteer Coordinator to book in for a volunteer information session.